Permitting the interaction of different European cultures and increasing the knowledge and experience of students and staff by providing organized internships as well as trainings and job-shadowing, while showing Portugal’s natural and cultural beauty.
Associação de Mobilidade Intercultural Euromob is a non-profit organisation located Póvoa de Varzim, in the North of Portugal, at 40 km from Oporto. It mainly arranges mobilities in three cities: Póvoa de Varzim, Esposende and Vila do Conde. It acts as an intermediary organization that deals with all of the logistics of the partners’ Erasmus + projects here in Portugal.
We arrange accommodation, food, transport, internships which are closely monitored at all times, training courses, cultural visits, arranging jobshadowing for staff and any other specific needs and requests of the partner institution. Although we act as a receiving organization, we are also developing partnerships with schools to act as also a sending organization.
As a receiving organization, we organize trainings, job shadowing for teachers and also internships for students in the:
|TOURISM AND HOSPITALITY||MARKETING & ADVERTISING||ICT & INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGIES||TEXTILE|
|JEWELLERY DESIGN||MECHANICS AND MECATRONICS||ELECTRICITY||RENEWABLE ENERGIES|
|RENEWABLE ENERGIES||RESEARCH & INNOVATION||AGRICULTURE & RURAL TOURISM||SOCIAL SERVICES|
|HEALTH & PHARMACIES||CONSTRUCTION||CHILD CARE||HAIR STYLING|
|OTHERS (AMONG REQUEST)|
Euromob was founded in 2013 and the founders spent the first year creating partnerships in various fields and gathering the necessary know-how to receive their first group in 2014.
In 2014, Euromob participated in the application of many Erasmus+ projects, as an intermediary organization and has had many approved projects, some carried out in 2014 and the majority to carry out in 2015. During this year, Euromob has also made protocols with various public and private schools secondary schools and also other organisations.
In 2014, Euromob organised three mobilities: 2 Erasmus + KA1 – Staff Mobilities and 1 Erasmus + KA1 – VET Education and Training: Student’s Mobility (Internships).
In 2015, Euromob organised a total of 8 mobilities under Erasmus + KA1 – Staff and Student Mobilities, which included teachers’ training and job-shadowing and also students’ internships in areas such as: car mechanics, cooking, marketing and publicity, web design, ICT, jewellery design, fashion design, hair styling and construction.
In 2016, Euromob so far has got a total of 12 mobilities booked from Italy, Poland and Macedonia.
What do we do?
• Arrange accommodation in comfortable houses, hostels and hotels with full or half board;
• Finding, organizing, monitoring and evaluating the traineeships for the exchange students
• Transfers to and from the airport for groups
• Language courses (Portuguese, English, Spanish, German, Polish and French)
• Translator always present with the group to clarify the doubts and facilitate the traineeships and communication
• Staff Training in all areas
• Help and support with the documentation (for Portuguese students leaving for Erasmus and for foreigners who are already here)
• Preparatory language courses (intensive, and annual – all levels and all languages)
• Job-shadowing for staff and teachers
• Cultural, sport activities and guided tours in Portugal for groups and Erasmus students
• Emission of certificates (Participation, Internship, Training, Language and Europass)